These celebrities are talented, rich and famous. But aside from acting, singing and dancing, these celebrities can surprisingly use thread and needles.
Just go through the infographic to find out who they are.
These celebrities are rich and famous. They are either dominating the movie industry or the world of music. But did you know that they can sew too?
Yes! You read it right! Aside from acting, singing and dancing, these 14 famous people can surprisingly use needle and thread like pros. Who are they?
- Chris Martin: Chris Martin and his fellow Coldplay band mates sold over 34 million albums and have repeatedly topped the charts. But the front man once revealed that sewing is a key to their success! “Making clothes together in our studio makes us feel complete. We probably sound like a group of grannies in a knitting cicle but it’s the truth and it gives us some control over our visual identity.” Chris Martin
- Julia Roberts: She is rich and very famous, but just like any mom, Julia Roberts likes to make stuff for her family too. In fact, she proudly shared that she sewed cushions for her twins.
- David Arquette: This actor and former professional wrestler once admitted that he joined sewing class to improve his skills in wanting to become a famous fashion designer. “It’s a little worrying that I’m going into (the fabric store) Jo-Ann and geeking out of fabrics and patterns,” he said.
- Daphne Maxwell Reid: This veteran actress learned to sew at the age of 9 and have been sewing since then, making clothes for the entire family.
- Dannii Minogue: The singer and presenter said during an interview that knowing how to sew is a blessing. She said most of the time she personalized her own outfits.
- Hilary Duff: The former Disney star is the brain behind the clothing line Stuff by Hilary Duff which was launched in 2004. Despite her busy schedule and business commitments, the actress like to sew Christmas presents for her family.
- Britney Spears: The Toxic hitmaker once tweeted that she was in Sweden and taking sewing lessons.
- Eva Longoria: The Desperate Housewives’ star loves being a “housewife”, her skills include baking and sewing.
- Gwen Stefani: The former No Doubt singer once quote saying, sewing “runs in the family.” She also revealed that she had her own sewing machine, glue guns and other sewing materials.
- Florence Griffith Joyner: The Olympic gold medalist loves to try new things and one of those is making clothes for her dolls.
- George Clooney: Clooney and his ex-girlfriend, Elisabetta Canalis, were about to hit the red carpet when the unthinkable happened - the zipper of her dress tore. Luckily, the actor jumped in and started sewing the back of his girlfriend’s dress. Who would have thought that this hunk could sew?
- Leona Lewis: The British pop star was snapped on several occasions wearing uncharacteristically quirky outfits. Apparently, she was the once who created those designs.
- Katie Holmes: Tom Cruise’s ex is once of the most fashionable celebrities in the world of Hollywood, but what many do not know is that she likes crafting. In fact, she previously revealed that she likes to sew aprons, tablecloths and doll clothes.
- Katherine Heigl: The Grey’s Anatomy star just bought her own sewing machine. The actress admitted that she became craft crazy after she discovered Pinterest.