Looking for a place where you can buy affordable sewing supplies? This infographic will guide you through.
- GARAGE SALES
While garage and yard sales may not be an everyday thing, you can find one by searching online. Do a quick search through Craigslist and Freecycle to find the most convenient locations. Always be careful of buying yarn, as old yarn tends to fray and snap.
- THRIFT STORES
Thrift stores are excellent places for sourcing affordable sewing materials. Check the boxes under the tables at the linen section, and have a good rummage for items that can be repurposed, such as vintage napkins, scarves, items with funky buttons or features. Be creative!
- SENIOR CENTER SALES
This is another great place for finding unique things to repurpose. Think of all the unique things you can find to use on your next project.
- BIG BOX STORES
Also, remember that stores like Hobby Lobby and Walmart normally have great deals on sewing materials and fabrics.
- HAND ME DOWNS
Keep on the lookout for friends who used to sew and don't anymore. They may be willing to sell off, or even give you their supplies.
- FABRIC SWAPS
It may be fun to join a group of people who share your interests. In addition, you can find great items, while cleaning out your stash. It's a win-win situation!
Then there is the internet; a veritable treasure trove for finding, bargains.
- Etsy and eBay: Both sites have a great listing of items at good prices.
- Fabric.com: Offers great deals, including free shipping when you spend $35 or more.
- Online Fabric Store: Aside from marvelous offers and coupon codes, this site offers free shipping when you spend $50 or more.
- Joann.com: Has sales frequently, so it's worth keeping an eye on them.
- Loralie Designs: Offers international shipping on orders as low as $25.25.
- Decorator's Best: Offers a $20 discount on your first order. They also have a sale section where you can shop for up to 80% off.
- Fabric Mart: Has a "Sales/Clearance" category where you can choose fabrics that are available from 60-80% off.
- Craftsy: Has an array of designer fabrics which you can buy at affordable rates. You can also sign up for their email list to get an update on their sales periods.