Looking for a place where you can buy affordable sewing supplies? This infographic will guide you through.
Discover all the possibilities with Wunderlabel! >>
While garage and yard sales may not be an everyday thing, you can find one by searching online. Do a quick search through Craigslist and Freecycle to find the most convenient locations. Always be careful of buying yarn, as old yarn tends to fray and snap.
Thrift stores are excellent places for sourcing affordable sewing materials. Check the boxes under the tables at the linen section, and have a good rummage for items that can be repurposed, such as vintage napkins, scarves, items with funky buttons or features. Be creative!
SENIOR CENTER SALES
This is another great place for finding unique things to repurpose. Think of all the unique things you can find to use on your next project.
BIG BOX STORES
Also, remember that stores like Hobby Lobby and Walmart normally have great deals on sewing materials and fabrics.
HAND ME DOWNS
Keep on the lookout for friends who used to sew and don't anymore. They may be willing to sell off, or even give you their supplies.
It may be fun to join a group of people who share your interests. In addition, you can find great items, while cleaning out your stash. It's a win-win situation!
Then there is the internet; a veritable treasure trove for finding, bargains.
- Etsy and eBay: Both sites have a great listing of items at good prices.
- Fabric.com: Offers great deals, including free shipping when you spend $35 or more.
- Online Fabric Store: Aside from marvelous offers and coupon codes, this site offers free shipping when you spend $50 or more.
- Joann.com: Has sales frequently, so it's worth keeping an eye on them.
- Loralie Designs: Offers international shipping on orders as low as $25.25.
- Decorator's Best: Offers a $20 discount on your first order. They also have a sale section where you can shop for up to 80% off.
- Fabric Mart: Has a "Sales/Clearance" category where you can choose fabrics that are available from 60-80% off.
- Craftsy: Has an array of designer fabrics which you can buy at affordable rates. You can also sign up for their email list to get an update on their sales periods.