Our English-speaking shops
Nuestras tiendas de habla italiana
Nasze sklepy mówiące po polsku.
Nasze sklepy polskojęzyczne
Våra svensktalande butiker
CHOOSE YOUR CURRENCY
Tyvek®, a registered trademark of the DuPont chemical company, is made from flashspun high-density polyethylene fibers which are randomly laid and compressed to form this uniquely robust material. It was discovered in a Dupont laboratory by Jim White in 1955 and has been in production since 1959.
Tyvek, which is produced in ‘hard’ and ’soft’ structures, is opaque and remarkably flexible, lightweight and strong. It is an extremely versatile material with many exceptional properties:
These unique properties have led to Tyvek being used in a variety of applications:
- Tyvek is used for labeling garments and other textiles due to its high durability and washability.
- It is often used as housewrap, a material used to protect buildings during construction
- PPE (personal protective equipment) such as surgical gowns and masks is made of Tyvek along with laboratory and medical packaging. It is used to make protective apparel for many contamination control environments including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, automotive and utilities.
- Tyvek wristbands are used when security and admission are important during events as well as at resorts, hospitals, nightclubs, schools and reunions.
- Envelopes and shipping bags are produced in Tyvek.
- Due to its paperlike qualities, it is also ideal for printing applications.
Since Tyvek is made from high-density polyethylene it is recyclable and considered a high-value recyclable material. Tyvek is also an inert material, and will not leach harmful compounds into the environment. Overall, the low material weight, high durability and functionality of Tyvek results in less energy and resource consumption. It also means less material waste at the end of product life.
At Wunderlabel, our recycled Tyvek labels are often used as laundry labels which are then sewn into the side seam of garments.
They are also popular for labeling items such as: